Canteen Taco | Taco Restaurant in Madison, WI
Welcome to Canteen!
A taco spot and tequila bar in a bright little corner of downtown Madison
Hours and LocationGet Directions to Canteen Taco via Google Maps
Monday - Thursday 11 AM - 10 PM
Friday 11 AM - 11 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 11 PM
Sunday 10 AM - 10 PM
Happy Hour Everyday
2 PM - 5 PM and 9 PM - Close
Metered street parking is the main option around the Square. Try the smaller side streets—they usually have longer parking options, up to 2 hours.
If you plan to park for longer, there are a number of garages available. The closest is at 122 W Doty St, on the corner of South Hamilton and West Doty. Wilson Street Garage and the Overture Center Garage are also within a few blocks. Both garages allow you to stay for as long as you want and pay at the end.
Our entryway has one small step, and we have a portable ramp that is available upon request. Our bathrooms are ADA compliant. We have a variety of seating options, including standard height tables that folks can roll up to. Our outdoor patio is open seasonally, as weather permits.
Find us at 111 South Hamilton Street, just off the downtown square in Madison, Wisconsin. The one-way streets around the square can be a bit confusing, so double-check your map directions if you’re driving.
Canteen serves up street tacos, nachos, burritos, and the like in a bright little corner spot on downtown Madison’s Capitol Square. An impressive tequila and mezcal list is at - the - ready for fresh margaritas or tasting flights. Sip a Mexican beer at the bar or enjoy a view of the Capitol on our sunny patio!
We’re open for lunch and dinner and brunch on the weekends, with a great happy hour every afternoon and late night. We also offer a variety of catering options to make your next gathering a real fiesta!
Jason Van Ommeren
Canteen’s the spot for your next private party!
We’re great for group events because we’re open to doing just about any kind of awesome you have in mind. We can do taco & nacho bars, tray-passed apps, and tacos, or plated entrees. Book us for casual events, business dinners, birthday and holiday parties, and rehearsal/welcome dinners. Let’s party!
Party Sizes we can host:
- 36 seated
- 65 standing reception
Tacos and margaritas, obviously! Customize a menu to fit all your taco desires (and budget requirements)
- Private bar with expert margarita makers
- A kitchen and serving staff dedicated to serving only your party
- Play your own tunes
- Wireless internet
- Close to the Capitol, Monona Terrace, and lots of hotels
- Private underground parking available 1 block away (additional charge)
- Available Monday to Sunday, 8 am – 11 am
- Food and beverage minimum of $800
- Available Monday to Thursday, 11 am – 3 pm
- Food and beverage minimum of $1,500
- Available Friday to Sunday, 11 am – 3 pm
- Food and beverage minimum of $2,500
- Available Sunday-Wednesday 5 pm – 10 pm
- Food and beverage minimum of $4,000
- Available Thursday 5 pm – 10 pm
- Food and beverage minimum of $4,500
- Available Friday-Saturday 5 pm – 11 pm
- Food and beverage minimum of $6,000
- If the food and beverage bill at your event does not reach the minimum, the remaining balance will be charged as a room fee rental.
- If you would like an event time over more than one meal period, the food and beverage minimum is a combined total of both meal periods.
- Food and beverage minimums are subject to price increases on holiday weekends, UW Commencement weekend, and other large downtown-focused event dates.
HERE OR THERE >> HAVE CANTEEN ANYWHERE
Looking to take the party offsite to your home or business? We do that, too.